Wednesday 25 April 2012

Branding in Context. Viral Work


For the second brief for my branding in context modual we are required to make a viral video using stop motion and flash or a number of video clips edited in Final Cut Express. I started this project by looking at a few existing virals. The one above is of another university so I thought it may be of some use. Unfortunatly this particular video doesnt really suggest a design based course.

 

I have then looked at a promotional video that relates to the university of wolverhampton as a whole. This is a very professional viral which include the range of different facilities and courses that the uni offers.


 After looking into a couple existing videos I started to brainstorm some ideas about what could be included in my viral video and things that could be important to the course.




The next brainstorm I made was focusing on the topic I had chosen and what could happen during the 1 minute video. 

I decided that I wanted to focus a lot on the students that attend and the journey to the particular floors.

Below are a few design sheets where I have gone through some story boarding ideas and shown what I would like to be happening during the video.


On this particular story board i was looking at the start of my video including a sped up shot of students entering the building. My reasoning for having them sped up and blurred out was so that the viewer didnt feel issolated and could see themselves in that very situation. 


In the next section I was thinking of including the lift and focusing in on the floor 3 button and the led screen moving its way upto the graphics floor.
Once the lift opens there is a sign when you enter through the doors that tells you that its the graphic communication section and I will use that as an image that will slowly fade out once the next section has begun to play. 


 Because the course is obviously aimed at students the next section of this particular storyboard would include a variation of shots from different angles of someone doing their work.


Below is another story board idea. Again here I was looking to use blurred out shots of students. This time however i was looking at this to illustrate the energy of the art school. To show that its always busy and there is always somthing going on.


It would begin with a shot from outside the building of students filing into the uni. The next shot would be the same as the first on my initial idea where students are entering the building. Instead of using the lift I was thinking about using the same technique and having lots of students zooming up and down. I feel this would make the whole viral come together because the same techniques are being used.


Once the video starts on the third floor I was thinking about using the cross dissolve effect to show a number of different pieces of work displayed on the walls of the third and second floor.


 To finish of this particular video off i was thinking about showing a group of students walking down the corridor. The reason behind this is because i feel this way it will give a friendly atmosphere to the uni and it will also show the various rooms available to graphic students.

This is another story board that i have developed onto.


Because I liked the idea of portraying the energy created by the students I again wanted to include sped up sections of video of people walking in from both the outside and inside angle.
I was also thinking about using this technique when it came to the lift by setting up my tripod and filming one person and then a group of people over laying the first image and that way one student will stand out from the crowd. 


I will use pieced of work from the walls again and a student doing work while others rush and mill around them. At the end I want to follow my video with my inspirational quote.

Below is the brain storm of quotes I have found to represent the course.



 
 Now that I have got the basis of my viral idea down I started to shoot sections of it so that I could begin altering it in final cut.




These photos are screen shots of my intial starting sequence. I want to have these two students walking in and then from the inside of the building i want to overlay them on another image of a sped up version of students entering.


These are the two students from the previous shot above and below is a tiny section of the sped up overlay.


The next section i wanted to film two sections of video focused on the lift. The first section will be of just one student entering and then overlayed there will be a sped up video of a large group going into the same lift.


 
these are a couple screen shots of the normal paced video section. And below are a couple of screen shots from the section i will speed up and overlay ontop of the origional.

 
 
Once the lift closes there will be a section of video from the inside of the lift opening up and showing the sign of floor three, this will then fade out using a cross dissolve to show a number or different pieces of work from the walls.


These are the images that I will be featuring in my viral video. Each one will fade out to show the next. And to keep with the theme of masses of energetic people about the place I have recorded a section of film where students are walking back and forth across a blank wall. I will use this piece of video to overlay these images.

 
The final section before the inspirational quote and the university logo I wanted to include a view of one of the studios and someone working on their project.
Again this will be over layed by rushing students.

For the music for this design I was thinking of a really happy and upbeat song. So I decided on the music in the video below.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment